Chris Hagedorn | Positive Schoolwide Climate and Culture | SEL using the PBIS framework = Every adult on board
Positive Schoolwide Climate and Culture provides training and consultation in classroom management, relationship-based learning, and lesson design, including how to:
- Use your social skills to help students learn.
- Set expectations.
- Redirect misbehavior.
- Maximize student time on task.
- Build solid, professional TEACHER-STUDENT relationships.
- Get better schoolwide staff buy-in by leaving room for teachers to make key decisions within the framework.
- Embed Social Emotional Learning (SEL)--especially student self-regulation--into class hours and advisories.
- Monitor your progress.
- Lead the initiative, over multiple years and phases.
- Maintain an office referral policy that is meaningful to students, and one teachers and administrators can embrace
Positive School Climate and Culture (PSCC) fits the federal PBIS framework. If you’ve tried an existing PBIS model and had trouble because the rewards part keeps getting in the way, look at us and compare. Approximately 70% of our focus is on preventing antisocial behavior through Tier 1 behavior management. PSCC provides students with a daily schoolwide immersion experience in healthy climate and culture--an experience they play a role in shaping and live out every day.